Plan the storage in your garage into specific areas for greater efficiency and use of space:
1. Grab & Go Area – Close to the door from the house, for easy accessibility when entering or leaving the house we keep often keep clothing items, jackets, gloves, shoes and boots, and eco-conscious cloth grocery bags. In the Garage can provide solutions for keeping them neatly stored and easily accessible.
2. Pantry Overflow Area – Bottled water, cans of soda, large packages of paper towels, pet food and canned foods could also be placed on shelves, or in cabinets near the door to the home. This keeps them within easy reach while leaving more useable space in your pantry & kitchen storage
3. Yard Tools – Rakes, shovels, hoes and other such tools with long handles need a place to hang and then there are also hand and power tools for pruning, digging, trimming etc. Utilizing wall space to store them, ideally near the large garage door, will keep them from encroaching on space needed for your vehicles and handy for easy access, even when vehicles are in the garage.
4. Large Items – Mowers, Snow blowers, Tillers, Power Washers, and other large seasonal or occasional use items merit a closet space storage solution to keep them hidden, clean and ready for use
5. Seasonal Items – such as Holiday decorations, Patio and garden accessories, camping gear and other occasional short term use items can be stored close to the ceiling with hanging shelves
6. Work Tools – These should be stored near the workbench area in the front end of the garage. Drawer and cabinet space can be built for the larger items and power tools while the wall can be used for hand tools
7. Trash and Recyclables – Create storage for these areas near the large garage door. It’s a shorter carry to the curb and it keeps odors away from the home entrance.
We'd love to hhelp you
This In the Garage customer sells jewelry items on eBay and needed to organize an inventory of thousands of items by sorting them into appropriate categories and storing them in an easy to access, neat, filing system. This was the custom solution we offered, using the RedLine Closet Line.
With ample storage space and and a bonus of some work surfaces this customer has an efficient storage and work area for her business operation.
We've flipped the switch here at In The Garage and the lights are on as we begin our efforts to organize eastern Iowa and western Illinois one room at a time. We've partnered up with RedLine Garagegear and Gladiator Garageworks in order to provide high quality, customized storage solutions for just about every need and every budget.
With Ryan in the Quad Cities, and Tim in Dubuque, we're excited about the the opportunities we will have to bring you high quality service to match the high quality product!
Browse the RedLine Garagegear catalog and then give us a call and lets talk about how we can help you get your "castle" organized!
Due to our mutual connection with a beautiful woman who is at the same time - daughter, wife and lovely mother, we refer to one another as "Dad" and "Son". Our aim is to provide you great customer service as we work together with you to solve your storage and organizational challenges.